HELLO Smith Elementary Families,
This is a message from Smith Elementary Principal, Vickie Echols, keeping you informed with a weekly message, which will come out most every Monday night. This week we recognize the wonderful work of our Custodial Staff. Help your child to remember to say thanks or create a card for those who help us keep our school clean, safe and orderly. It takes everyone to reach success.
· Student progress reports in all subjects can be found online at the new Skyward Family Access. If you need support in using this tool, please let us know. Paper progress reports also go home this week on Thursday. As always, please email or call your child’s teacher if you would like to discuss their progress. Teachers will be scheduling conferences this month.
· We have a dedicated evening - Tuesday, Oct. 25th - for parent conferences, however we welcome your partnership at all times.
· The World’s Greatest Chocolate fundraiser continues, organized the the Smith PTO to raise funds for the playground.
· Fair Day, Oct. 10th - No School for All. Tickets go home 10/7. Have fun at the Dallas Fair! Read more.
· Students in 2nd Grade are preparing to perform and inform on Tuesday, Oct. 11th. Save the evening, 6:30pm in the Smith Gym. Read more.
· 3rd Annual Heart of Duncanville 5K Run/Walk on Oct. 8th (see details below)
· Bring Your Dad to School Day, Oct. 19th.
· Fall School Pictures are taken on Oct. 25th
· Remember our jingle to chant with your kids: 7:45 - time to arrive / 8:00 - time to rock! The building is open and breakfast is available at 7:30am if you bring them earlier.
A Note from Smith PTO:
· Save your box tops for the Smith Playground fund.
· Thank you for helping us with the Chocolate fundraiser to also improve our playground and support Field Trips.
· Please sign up to volunteer! Your partnership is valuable.
The Duncanville ISD Education Foundation & Ben Franklin Apothecary are excited to be teaming up again to host the 3rd Annual Heart of Duncanville 5K Run/Walk on Oct. 8th, 2016. All the proceeds from the event will go to support the efforts of the foundation and nearly $35,000 has been raised in support of our local educators over the past two years! Read more.
Second Grade students will provide a program. Save the date to see your student shine! Tuesday, Oct. 11th, 6:30pm in the Smith Gym. Read more.
SAVE THE DATE! We are about a month away from your Bring Your Dad to School Day.
Strong Fathers Strong Families presents: Bring Your Dad to School Day on
Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2016. 7:30 am - 9:30 am