What is Zika Virus?
Zika virus is spread to people primarily through mosquito bites. The most common symptoms of Zika virus are
fever, rash, joint pain, and conjunctivitis (red eyes).
ZIka Fact Sheet
For more information regarding Zika virus on the Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) website:
- Zika virus transmission, symptoms, treatment, prevention: http://www.dallascounty.org/department/hhs/zika.html
- Press Release: DCHHS Advises Travelers to Protect Against, Avoid Spreading Chikungunya, Dengue and Zika Viruses http://www.dallascounty.org/department/hhs/press/documents/PR1-27-16DCHHSAdvisesTravelerstoProtectAgainstAvoidSpreadingChikungunyaDengueZikaViruses.pdf
- Also, attached is a Zika virus fact sheet and brochure you may share.
Please see interim travel guidance and other information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- CDC: Countries and territories with active Zika virus transmission
- CDC Interim Travel Guidance 1/26/2016
- CDC MMWR Interim Guidelines for the Evaluation and Testing of Infants with Possible Congenital Zika Virus Infections 1/26/2016
- CDC Interim Travel Guidance 1/22/2016
- CDC Interim Travel Guidance 1/15/2016