Energy Management Program Details
We have partnered with Cenergistic, the nation’s leader and pioneer in developing comprehensive and sustainable organizational behavior-based energy conservation programs. Cenergistic works with organizations to reduce their consumption of electricity, natural gas, fuel oil and water. They also help their clients build an action plan based on the findings from an in-depth, onsite assessment.
Our energy management program is not a short-term “go green” plan. It is a comprehensive, rigorous and sustainable energy program designed to help the district save money for years to come. The program does not require us to increase our utility budget, purchase new energy equipment or upgrade our existing equipment. It is financially risk-free.
Energy Manager Responsibilities
- Perform routine audits of all facilities and communicate the audit results to appropriate personnel.
- Track all utility bills and communicate energy savings reports to facility administrators.
- Develop and implement practices and procedures designed to reduce energy consumption and/or improve efficiency of usage.
- Educate teachers, students and other staff members about energy use.
- Make adjustments to EMS system regarding HVAC settings and other controlled equipment.Track, measure, report and reinforce program progress
- Coordinate with Cenergistic for evaluation and improvement of energy program
Excellent Rating for Summer Break Shutdown
- Bilhartz - 100%
- Byrd - 100%
- DHS – N, O, P, Q
- DHS – G 100%
- DHS –A
- Hastings - 100%
- Kennemer - 100%
Latest News: Energy Conservation Poster ContestArt students at Duncanville High School recently participated in an energy conservation poster contest sponsored by district energy manager Christopher Latimer to recognize National Energy Awareness Month. Read More >