The Duncanville ISD- Prekindergarten program goal is to develop skills necessary for success in the regular public school curriculum, including language, mathematics, and social skills. The Duncanville ISD currently has prekindergarten programs in eight of its nine elementary schools. Five campuses have one section of bilingual and one section of general education/ESL. Those campuses include Acton, Bilhartz, Fairmeadows, Hastings, and Hyman. Two of our campuses Merrifield and Smith, have two sections each, but only offer general education/ESL classes. Central has two half day sections and both are bilingual only. At this time there are no full day classes. The configuration for the 2017-2018 school year will include four full day sections for students that meet at least one of the five criteria for prekindergarten eligibility. These open slots will be filled on a first come first served basis and will be tuition-free. These sections will be housed at Hastings and Acton. In addition, Duncanville ISD will also offer a tuition-based program to be housed at Acton. This program will help us to also meet the needs of our families that traditionally do not qualify for prekindergarten.
Students qualifying for tuition-free Prekindergarten must be four years of age by September 1, 2017 and meet one of the following criteria:
Duncanville ISD- Half Day and Full Day tuition-based (only) programs will increase as needed. Half-Day programs will increase once we have at least twelve additional students qualifying for the service as required by the Texas Education Agency. Full Day tuition-free programs will be capped at forty-four bilingual students and forty-four general education/ESL students for a total of eighty-eight.
Registration for both full day, half day, tuition based and tuition free Prekindergarten classes will be held at the new Acton Elementary on the following dates:
IMPORTANT: No child will be registered before the start of school without all the necessary documents.
• Proof of Residence: original and current utility bill (water, gas, electric, cable bill; not a telephone bill) in parent/guardian’s name
• If the parent/guardian lives with a district resident (host family), a notarized affidavit of residence form(yellow form) must be provided
• Valid Parent/Guardian Identification: an acceptable photo ID
• Proof of Student Identification: original or certified true copy of birth certificate (not hospital certificate), valid passport with visa stamp, or any legal document that established identity
• Copy of student’s social security card
• Copy of student’s current and up-to-date immunization record
Attending the Pre-K Roundup is required but, to save time, you may complete the online registration forms before coming to Pre-K Roundup Registration. To access the online registration forms, or for more information regarding online registration, please visit the district website at www.duncanvilleisd.org